Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding


Once I had my brioche loaf, I cubed it and "staled" it in the oven for 10 minutes. I added dried cherries. Then made the custard, which is basically milk, cream, a lot of eggs, even more egg yolks, and chocolate. Poured this over the bread and let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes, giving it the "back of the spoon" treatment a couple of times to make sure the bread was absorbing the custard.

This is baked in a hot water bath and looked and smelled great. Then cooled to room temperature and kept cold overnight.


I really liked this, but I actually think I prefer the apple bread pudding.





Since I used only half of the brioche recipe for the bread pudding, I made the Pecan Honey Sticky Buns, too. Actually, the buns are rolled up in the freezer, waiting to be bathed in butter and pecans on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment