Today I baked the Puffed Double Plum Tart. I hadn't gotten around to this recipe because it requires fresh plums and plum season is short. Last week I bought some lovely plums at the local farm market and so here we go!
This recipe uses fresh plums in addition to prunes which have been simmered in a delicious sauce consisting of red wine, orange zest, orange juice, a cinnamon stick and a bit of sugar.
You roll out puff pastry, smear on a little butter and sprinkle with not-too-much sugar.
The tart bakes up beautifully!
And tastes great, too! A wonderful pre-birthday treat.
And now I have only 8 more recipes to bake in the book:
- Mrs. Vogel's Scherben (p. 157)
- Parisian Apple Tartlet (p. 319)
- Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie (p. 328)
- Rosy Poached Pear and Pistachio Tart (p. 370)
- Honey Almond Fig Tart (p. 373)
- Creme Brulee (p. 393)
- Floating Islands (p. 401)
- Chocolate Souffle (p. 406)