Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chockablock Cookies


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie pick is a recipe for Chockablock Cookies. I've made these in the past, but Dorie gives you a lot of leeway on the kinds of nuts, dried fruit and chocolate to use so I decided to experiment. I used a combination of diced dried pineapple and raisins, a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate, and I chose peanuts instead of walnuts or pecans. My son suggested I was making pina colada cookies, what with the pineapple and coconut!

I've long preferred cookies which are butter + brown sugar + good chocolate + pecans. And I've long thought that raisins are best enjoyed by themselves, not jammed into otherwise perfect cookie dough. But I have to admit that these cookies, chock full of yummy things, including oatmeal and coconut, are pretty darn good. Luckily, son Pete has band practice tonight and I can send them as treats for the band members. Otherwise, I just might be forced to continue to taste test these cookies.

5 comments:

  1. Haha I have to figure out a way to get these out of my house too! Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies were delicious! I need to send mine to the neighbors--I have no willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo! And how great to have a recipe in which anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dried pineapple sounds like a really wonderful and different addition. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used Mango trail mix. Everything in one bag. Still, too much stuff. Like the idea of the dried pineapple tho.

    ReplyDelete