Monday, March 8, 2010

Chockablock Cookies


Tonight is our last "soup night" of the season and we usually have 25-35 people show up for soup, bread and desserts. Rich has made 3 soups: carrot, caldo verdi, and Mrs. Albarelli's Italian bean soup. I've made three kinds of cookies--two new ones from Dorie's book and one recipe that I made two years ago. The chockablock cookies are the ones on the left.

I love the name of Chockablock and I fancied that these would be very chocolaty. The dough which has molasses in it, is just enough to hold together the large amount of raisins, coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips. As suggested, I made the dough and froze it in two-tablespoon scoops on a cookie sheet, then froze them so I could bake them this morning.

I thought the name meant "full of chocolate" but it actually seems to mean "chock full of goodies". They are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment