Monday, March 8, 2010

Caramel Crunch Bars


Well I just love caramel and these bars also have a layer of chocolate. And they look gorgeous.

The first layer is a cookie crust--with maybe just a bit too much of the espresso powder for my taste. I can't really decide, though, and I guess I'll just have to have another sample!

The next layer is chocolate and I chose to use bittersweet. Milk chocolate would also be a good choice.

The top layer is a sprinkle of Heath toffee bits and that's what gives these bars the caramel crunch name.

1 comment:

  1. Lori's Natural Food store sells Belgian chocolate in bulk and it is out of this world, and reasonably priced. I have made chocolate bark with dried fruit,nuts and anise seed, a recipe from Gourmet.
    Yum.
    Glad to find your blog, thanks to the DinoAstronaut.

    ReplyDelete