Monday, October 18, 2010

Gerard's Mustard Tart

I'm primarily a baker but I am such a fan of Dorie Greenspan's recipes that in addition to baking through Baking from my home to yours, I'm also participating in French Fridays with Dorie and I'm cooking through her new book, Around my French Table.


Although I'm a little out of sync with the selections for  French Fridays, here is a report on one of  the October recipes.

Gerard's Mustard Tart is beautiful to look at, easy and fun to make, and tastes delicious!   Think quiche with tang.  And a perfect crust.  The crust is Dorie's Tart Dough, the filling is basically eggs, cream and two kinds of mustard.  The veggies are thin strips of leeks and carrots which have been steamed and which are arranged like spokes on a wheel.  A definite hit at the Hands Four Dance potluck this past Saturday!



1 comment:

  1. I've been a little out of sync with this group as well, but my intentions are good, so I'm calling it a temporary phase. Your tart looks so wonderful. We liked this so much more than I ever thought we would...definitely repeat worthy.

    ReplyDelete