Monday, October 4, 2010

Double Apple Bundt Cake

Local apples are just becoming abundant here in upstate New York and so I'm delighted to have a "need" to bake apple desserts.  Lynne of Honey Muffin chose this week's Tuesdays with Dorie pick:  Double Apple Bundt Cake, so named because it uses grated apples as well as store-bought apple butter.

I've made this lovely cake before and it was just as good the second time around.  What really astounds me about this bundt cake (and all of Dorie's other bundt cakes) is how easily they slide out of the pan.  When I've used other recipes, some bit of the cake invariably sticks to the pan.  Dorie's cakes are always right in every way!

Not many pictures this time because I was baking up a storm for a house concert with a wonderful traditional music band, Tunescape.  In addition to the Double Apple Bundt Cake, I made Snickery Squares, Granola Grabbers, Chocolate Walnut Tea Cakes (not in Baking, but a Dorie recipe nevertheless), Peanut Butter Criss Crosses and then I popped some Gougeres into the oven for a savory treat!

And did I mention that I made Dorie's big carrot cake for a friend's birthday two days ago?


A very happy few days of baking!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Someone has been busy. I love Granola Grabbers! They are one of my favorite cookies. Thanks for reminding me that I need to make them again. :) Your bundt looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many delicious treats, what a lucky audience! The Double Apple Cake was so good and yes, mine slid right out of the pan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did bake up a storm

    Your cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...why wasn't I invited to THIS???? It all looks so special and wonderful. I need to make that carrot cake as they made that before I joined and every single time I see it I think that I should just get it made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking spread! I was also surprised at how easily this cake slid out of the pan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw you have been a busy baker! I hope you had others to share with! Your carrot cake looks incredible! Im glad you enjoyed the apple cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, you've been busy! So glad you squeezed this one in!!

    ReplyDelete