Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lemon Madeleines

Every cookie has its place and time and madeleines want to be eaten right away with tea or coffee.   These lovely lemon madeleines with their lemony glaze are especially yummy with tea.

This is a straight-forward recipe found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi on page 212.  The ones I baked yesterday didn't get the "bump" that some Madeleines have but I still have some batter left and will try again today!  (My madeleine pan only has 9 molds so it takes a bit of time to bake them since you have to leave them in the fridge for at least an hour.)  If I'm successful with the bump, I'll edit this post---

Adding the glaze

Out of the oven with the glaze happily melted

Pretty and delicious!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy, the lemony glaze is inviting. I didn't glaze mine this time but am looking forward to trying it out next go. I agree it takes a bit of time to make these. Since I used a petite pan I had enough batter to do two batches and that took the better part of my afternoon. All still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely and inviting with that glaze. I had to bake mine in two batches and didn't bother chilling the pan for the second - they still turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melting the glaze in the oven really made a difference, didn't it? And yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who cares about the bump? I'd gobble those up with that gorgeous glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look pretty and delicious! I love the look they get with the baked glaze. I never have done that before, but will repeat in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! These look delicious even without the bump.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the thought that every cookie has its place and time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, even without the bump. I'm sure they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete