Thursday, October 11, 2012

Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie

Perhaps the reason I've postponed making this recipe from Dorie Greenspan's wonderful cookbook, Baking from my Home to Yours,  is because I'm not a big fan of squash.  I should have known to trust Dorie!  This pie was delicious, even for people who don't like squash!

I made Dorie's delicious pie crust and refrigerated it overnight.

Then began to cut up the squash from the CSA (she says she likes to buy already cut up squash at the supermarket because it is hard to do--I see what she means!)



The squash is partially cooked in the microwave, then combined with diced pears, orange zest and orange juice (key ingredients, I think), dried cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, bread crumbs.  A very tasty combination.



Here's the end result.  It surely didn't last long at our house and I expect I'll be baking this recipe again.

And now I have only 5 recipes to bake to finish the whole book.  Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment