- Mrs. Vogel's Scherben, p. 157. I have put off making these little fried cookies because you need to use about 4" of oil. I never know what to do with leftover used oil.
- Parisian Apple Tartlet, p. 319. Now that apples are in season, I ought to be able to make these simple tartlets!
- Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie p. 328 Well. I'm not a fan of butternut squash, but tis the season so I suspect I'll be baking this soon.
- Rosy Poached Pear and Pistachio Tart p. 370 Poaching pears in wine sounds delicious! I have to remember to buy pears and let them ripen.
- Creme Brulee p. 393 I don't have a torch to carmelize the top but I should just get on with it and do the best I can with a broiler.
- Floating Islands p. 401 I need to assemble and eat these right away. Also need to make it on a non-humid day. Now that the season has changed, I should be able to make this.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Only six recipes to go!
My goal is to finish baking all of the recipes in Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking from my Home to Yours, by the end of the year. Here's what I have left: