Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Translucent Maple Tuiles

Fragile, pretty cookies were the challenge chosen by Clivia of Bubie's Little Baker this week for the Tuesdays with Dorie bakers.  I attempted these some time ago and found them to be very fragile so I approached these with a bit of trepidation.

Making the batter is easy:  mix butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar.  Stir in a little flour.  Refrigerate.   It's the baking that is tricky.  You roll the dough into little balls about the size of a cherry and bake until lacy and golden.  Mine turned out a bit darker than I hoped, even though I reduced the time in the oven.  But I was able to get them off the cookie sheet and let them rest on a rolling pin without having them break apart!  Isn't that success?!

1 comment:

  1. What a delicate, pretty cookie. I'm sitting out this week.

    ReplyDelete