Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Devilish Shortcakes

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Devilish Shortcakes.  Ok, so today is Wednesday and I am officially one day late.  It's not as if I haven't been baking--in the past two weeks I've made my apple dumplings and tiny chocolate chip cookies, plus Dorie's Apple Pie Cake, Granola Grabbers, Pumpkin Muffins, Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, and Toasted Almond Scones.  No pictures, of course, since it's been a bit hectic here and people consumed everything as it came out of the oven.

What with the contractors in the house finishing up our wood floor, and the furnace men installing a new furnace yesterday, I didn't bake yesterday.  These shortcakes seemed to call out for fresh raspberries and we had our first significant snowfall today so there just aren't fresh raspberries to be had.  There was some left over fresh pineapple from Sunday's brunch, but somehow that did not appeal.  Then I had an inspiration:  caramel.  I made Dorie's caramel sauce and we had the shortcakes with a bit of vanilla ice cream and some warm caramel drizzled over.  Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment