Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler



My personal goal is to finish baking through Dorie's Baking from My Home to Yours by then end of this year. That means baking about 3 things a week and obviously, giving most of it away so as to keep from gaining tons of weight!

I really am trying to pay attention to the seasonal fruit and when the farmer at the local farm market said that this was the last week for rhubarb, I knew I had to make the last rhubarb dish. It's the Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler, and fortunately, local cherries were abundant this week. I did have to buy a cherry pitter and I can definitely recommend the OXO.

This cobbler is a mixture of cherries (pitted and cut in half) and rhubarb topped with little balls of dough. The dough is half white flour and half whole wheat, giving the illusion of being sort of healthy. The real secret ingredient, however, is a half teaspoon of ginger mixed into the fruit.

Very tasty with a dollop of whipped cream!

1 comment:

  1. Peggy, your cobbler looks so good and I love the line "giving the illusion of being sort of healthy". I hope you -- and the people you gave it away to -- enjoyed it. All best from here -- Dorie

    ReplyDelete