Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cocoa Crunch Meringue Cookies

Sometimes I think that I like Dorie Greenspan's cookies the best.  At least I think that until I make a lovely tart, or cake, or scones, or muffins.  This week, the Tuesdays with Dorie bakers chose between the Jammer Galette and Cocoa Crunch Meringue Cookies.  I just finished baking the cookies and my husband, the always-willing taste tester, says:  "I REALLY like these cookies!"

They are lovely gems--two cocoa, crunchy meringues sandwiching a delightful chocolate ganache.  The recipe only makes 8 sandwiches, which is just as well because we would have eaten as many as there were available.

Whipping up the meringue

Cocoa mixture and chopped almonds, ready to add

The circles I drew to serve as a guide for the cookies.

The ganache, coming to room temperature to be spread on the cookies.

The meringues out of the oven (minus two "rejects" which were eaten before they could be spread with ganache.)

The finished sandwiches!




9 comments:

  1. These were great, weren't they? I definitely wished I had more than 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these too. I was fine with the small batch size but my husband and son were looking for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were delicious but rich. I'm for doubling the recipe next time, yours came out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved these cookies…I also wished there were more than eight! Yours look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree every Dorie recipe is great. We have enjoyed so many of her recipes. These were a big hit in our house and I will be making them again this weekend for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you're going to be in heaven when Dorie's new book comes out in the fall! I agree, though, every one of her recipes seems to land in my favourites list. Your cookies turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejects are the best! And your cookies look fabulous! I can't wait until I make them too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Cookies! ^^ I like it. It looks nice and delicious. I will try doing it. Thank your recipe!

    ReplyDelete