Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Normandy Apple Tart & Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie Tart

We are on the home stretch in baking through Dorie Greenspan's fabulous book, Baking from my Home to Yours.  Since I joined the Tuesdays with Dorie crowd after they got  started, I had already begun to bake some of the recipes.  That's the deal with this week's two tarts.

I baked the Normandy Apple Tart for New Year's Day 2010.  It was very apple-y and very beautiful.  The thing I remember about this tart is the lovely applesauce which is spread on the lovely sweet tart crust.  And how gloriously beautiful the tart is.  For the recipe, scoot on over to Tracey's Culinary Adventures.
Normandy Apple Tart





I also baked the Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie/Tart last year.  Pumpkin pie is not my favorite dish, but boy did people love this.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture!  The filling made quite a bit more than would fill the crust, but I baked it up in custard cups and people ate it right up.  For the recipe, check with Judy of Judy's Gross Eats.

7 comments:

  1. This is a classy looking tart, I'm way behind on my TWD posts but I think I will make this soon.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great memory! I always forget what I made for previous holidays. The apples look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tart is beautiful! I am pretty sure I made the pie last Thanksgiving too but it was worth making again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish i could make this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Peggy, that applesauce is unforgettable! It was definitely my favorite component in this dessert. I'm impressed that you made this so far in advance and didn't forget about it, I'm 100% certain that's what would have happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tart looks great! I will for sure have to make this one soon. I made the pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your apple tart looks gorgeous - what a great memory.

    ReplyDelete