Friday, September 10, 2010

Chestnut Scones

In addition to baking with the Tuesdays with Dorie crowd, I've been trying to bake an extra time or two during the week. My goal was to finish up Dorie's entire book this year, but I keep repeating recipes that I've previously made because they are so fantastic! This week I decided to bake one of the few breakfast breads I have not yet made, Chestnut Scones.

I made these for the weekly brunch at Dr. Tom's house and I told the assembled guest that they included a mystery ingredient. They guessed everything from whole wheat flour to spelt! The ingredient, of course, is 3/4 cups chestnut flour which provides an interesting, subtle flavor to the scones. The butter and cream provide the light, tender, wonderful texture. Scones need to be eaten the day they are baked and the brunch crowd, small as it was this week, I had no problem doing so.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting concept! Did you grind the chestnut flour yourself?

    ReplyDelete